NEW COVID PROTOCOLFOR HEALTHCARE AND DENTISTRY
New protocols based on the CDC’s guidelines for healthcare and recent recommendations by the Kentucky Board of Dentistry.
Masks are still required even after June 11
Dentistry is required to adhere to the mask exceptions placed on healthcare facilities.
Only 3 Questions for Admittance:
1. Have you recently been in contact with a Covid positive person?
2. Have you had frequent headaches lately?
3. Have you lost your sense of taste and smell?
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Our reception area will be closed during this time, we will be doing curbside check-in instead
How it Works
1. Call or text upon your arrival in our parking lot to check-in.
Please share patient’s name, DOB, and appointment time
2. Wait safely in your car
3. Once we are ready to take you back for your appointment, we will call or text you to come inside. We have a 1-way entry and exit flow as patients will leave through the back exit.
Additional Protective Measures
- Hand sanitizer stations at entrance/exit
- Frequent and extensive disinfection of all surfaces where staff and patients come into contact
- 6ft social distancing encouraged
- Doors that can remain open, will be open at all times, to reduce contact surface opportunity
- Extended schedule to reduce number of people in office at one time
- No toys, magazines or similar items in waiting rooms
- Common use areas eliminated (ie: drink stations, internet stations, etc)
- Staff will be wearing masks at all times while in our office
- Staff will complete daily health screening
Prepare Your Child for the Appointment
Because our staff will be wearing masks at all times, your child will be unable to see our smiling faces and will possibly feel more apprehensive. Talking to your child about what to expect and how it is all the same friendly staff and doctors they’re used to can help alleviate some of these possible apprehensions. We will do everything in our power, while still being safe, to ensure your child feels comfortable and at ease.